And just like that……summer has left us. Now it’s time to turn our attention away from our summer fun and instead – towards preparing our homes for winter.
A few hours of work now could prevent costly repairs later. Here are some ideas that aren’t too time consuming or expensive to complete.
Gutters & Downspouts
- Clean-out gutters and downspouts mid-fall.
- Install leaf guard systems to help keep them clear after cleaning.
Doors & Windows
- Check doors and windows for gaps where warm air will escape.
- Apply weather stripping around draft areas.
- Replace furnace filters.
- Test your system before the cold weather hits.
- Hire an HVAC company to service/tune-up your system.
Roof & Chimney
- Check for loose or missing shingles.
- Make sure chimneys and stovepipes are clean.
What topics would you like featured?
Email June with your suggestions. email@example.com